In our previous article of the series, we introduced Bifrost’s overall governance structure, having moved our discussion space to Subsquare from Forum. This article highlights two modules earlier presented, Democracy and Treasury, explaining how users can participate in decision-making through them.
Discuss Your Idea
We welcome everybody join the Governance, and we recommend to start from a discussion post before submit an on-chain proposal, which may attract more users to reach on common sense, increase possibility to pass the voting stage.
Tabling a Proposal
- Step 1: Create the on-chain proposal via Polkadot.js.
Follow the guidelines in our governance wiki.
- Step 2: Add your arguments via the governance platform in the democracy section to table your proposal.
Note: Users must lock up a specified number of tokens to table a proposal on Bifrost.
Once a proposal is tabled, governance participants back their preferred choices.
- Step 1: Enter Bifrost Democracy. Select a proposal you wish to support.
- Step 2: Click ‘Second’ to show support for the proposal.
Vote on Referenda
Each week, the proposal with the highest backing will move to the Referenda, where governance participants can vote to pass the proposal.
- Step 1: Select Referenda on the Democracy module and choose a proposal.
- Step 2: Vote for or against the selected proposal and monitor the results.
Members participate in the referendum by using their staked governance tokens. They execute a secure transaction that locks away their BNC for voting. After the vote has passed, these tokens are returned to user accounts.
The result of the referendum is on the right of the voting page, and members can view them after the poll closes.
Bifrost community members can participate in treasury proposals and bounties in the following way.
- Step 1: Select ‘*Proposals’*for creating or viewing treasury proposals under the Treasury module.
- Step 2: Engage with bounty proposals under the ‘*Bountis’*option in the Treasury module.
Finally, only council members can participate in Tips.
As part of the community, you can start discussions via the Subsquare platform. Discussion allows members to ignite conversations and explore potential platform improvements. Here’s how to engage others.
- Step 1: Select ‘Discussions’ on Bifrost’s Subsquare.
- Step 2: Select ‘New Post’ to create a post.
- Step 3: Click on any active discussion to participate in it.