DotLeap 112 - Acala EVM+ live
🔴 ⭕️ Relay Chain
total supply - ~1.28b DOT | staking - 10% | parachains & crowdloans - 46.5%
- Anonymous Parathread 2104 won the 39th parachain lease auction.
🔴 🏛 Governance
- Referendum 98, proposing to update the parathread ID in the genesis state WASM of Bittensor, passed.
- Referendum 101, to approve the WASM smart contracts bounty (Bounty #19), is currently passing unanimously with more than 14 days to go.
- Referendum 102, to upgrade the Polkadot runtime to v9360, was passed.
- Referendum 103, to unbrick the Zeitgeist parachain, is passing. This was originally approved by the Council as Motion 343.
- Motion 336, to fund Blockchain Training Alliance’s Substrate Training Course, was passed and executed.
- Motion 337, to fund Rust Syndicate’s development of Uptest (a tool for testing Pallet functionality before and after runtime upgrades), was passed and executed.
- Motion 338, to refund Web3 Foundation for 2022’s Sub0 Conference expenses, was passed and executed.
- Motion 339, to enable the execution of Nomination Pools Incentives, was disapproved. This is because, if it passed, the Motion would generate a wrong call that does not trigger the treasury reward distribution. It should be fixed in the next upgrade.
- Motion 340, by TeachMeDeFi to fund the creation of a German Educational Platform for Polkadot, was approved.
- Motion 341, to fund the development of rmrk-substrate-pallets, is under consideration.
- Motion 342, to fund Talisman to develop a Business-Friendly Polkadot MultiSig, was approved.
- Motion 344, to fund the development of a Spanish Polkadot Education Hub, is under consideration.
Kusama Updates ₑₓₚₑcₜ cₕₐₒₛ
🦅 ⭕️ Relay Chain
total supply - ~13.24m KSM | staking - 47% | parachains & crowdloans - 2%
- Mangata X is the winner of Kusama Auction #68.
🦅 🏛 Governance
- Gov1Referendum 263, to swap Mangata X’s parachain slot, is currently failing despite 83.2% Ayes. You can understand why by reading about Adaptive Quorum Biasing.
All referenda below are in the OpenGov system.
- Referendum 77, to fund the Virto team, was approved.
- Referendum 81, scheduling 2 auctions to replace the missing auctions supposed to be scheduled by Ref 72, was canceled.
- Referendum 83, to fund Polkascan’s integration with Subsquid, is passing.
- Referendum 86, to free up KSM that was locked during Quartz’s parachain migration, is passing.
- Referendum 88, to fund maintenance of the substrate-api-client from February 2023 until April 2023, is passing.
- Referendum 90, to renew funding for Creadores Web3–a group of content creators and users of the spanish-speaking community, is passing.
- Referendum 92, to fund Proof of Chaos to develop an OpenGov dashboard, is failing despite 80% Ayes.
- Referendum 93, to fund GMI Media–a network public service podcast series, is currently failing despite 62% Ayes.
- Referendum 96, to schedule the next auction on Kusama, is now up for vote.
⛓ Connected Parachains, dApps, and others
projects connected to the DOT and KSM relay chains
- Acala announced that EVM+ is now on mainnet. Any Solidity-based dApp can now seamlessly deploy to the Acala EVM+.
- Ajuna announced the launch of the AAA (Awesome Ajuna Avatars) NFT collective game that grants exclusive access to the project.
- Astar announced that RMRK-ink! is coming soon. This is the ink! version of the RMRK protocol, similar to how we have the EVM version).
- Aventus launched a new ‘lowering’ dApp, which allows holders of any tokens created on the Aventus Network to move their tokens to Ethereum.
- Bit.Country hosted two Twitter spaces, one with DFG (investment firm) CEO James Wo titled Metaverse Musings, and another titled Pioneering Kaosland: Best ways to utilise digital land & grow fans.
- Bitgreen was featured in an article by Rolling Stones on the intersection of climate policy, technology, and indigenous wisdom. This is tied to Bitgreen’s hydro project in Africa and conservation project in Peru.
- Efinity announced that users can now mint NFTs using Polkadot-JS.
- Integritee released a 2023 roadmap.
- Interlay announced a testnet competition on Kintsugi, Interlay's parachain on Kusama.
- OAK published Creating automation workflows with Dynamic Dispatch.
- StellaSwap , Squid , and Axelar joined forces to bring cross-chain interoperability to the Moonbeam ecosystem and its users.
- Unique published a detailed thread featuring the latest functionality updates and explaining the advantages of its NFT-specific solutions
- Various projects released new ecosystem updates: SORA, Aleph Zero, CLV, Equilibrium, Integritee, Phala, Gear, Kylin, Subsocial, Origin Trail.
🌎 Community & Ecosystem
- Polkadot Deep Dives are brought to you by Parity’s Delivery Services team, where each week they dive deep into all things FRAME, XCM and Polkadot governance.
- Robert Habermeier (Polkadot co-founder) and Shawn Tabrizi (engineering lead at Parity Tech) discuss the present state and future of the Polkadot ecosystem at the Polkadot Blockchain Academy.
- Messari published State of Polkadot Q4 2022.
- A new episode of the Relay Chain Podcast is out: Innovating the Web3 Legal Space.
- Polkadot will be at ETHDenver 2023, March 2nd - 5th.
- Polkadot blog published A Year in Parachains, Part 2: System Chains, Smart Contracts, & Social Media.
- dotinsights announced the Polkadot ecosystem map. Learn about 500+ projects spanning 28 categories in the Polkadot ecosystem.
- Polkadot-JS API v9.13.6 was released.
- With news of Kraken shutting down staking due to SEC charges, now is the best time to remind you of the Polkadot Staking Dashboard.
🌠 NFT Review
A weekly newsletter keeping up with the evolution of NFTs in the Dotsama ecosystem.
- RMRK hosted dotinsights in a Twitter Space to discuss Polkadot growth, NFTs, and what’s coming in 2023.
- Steven (RMRK’s Solidity dev) published 3 video tutorials on how to use RMRK on EVM. Check out his YouTube channel for all the tutorials he’s made so far.
👷♂️ Jobs in Web 3.0
Want your ad here? Buy it on Singular.
- Web3 Foundation is looking for a Technical Educator, Spec Engineer, and Technical Grants Evaluator. Apply here.
That's it for this week - I hope this was as useful for you to read as it was for us to write!
Many thanks to Bill Laboon for his daily digest—which helps us not miss some important updates—and Raul Romanutti for helping us ensure that the governance news is accurate.
DotLeap is put together by Bruno Škvorc and gbaci.
Got any links for Bruno for the next edition? Find Bruno on Riot at @bruno:web3.foundation, on Twitter, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.